This webinar organised by the European IPR Helpdesk will provide you with an introduction to basic concepts and definitions of Intellectual Property (IP) and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). Additionally, participants are given a first overview of existing practices and processes related to IP management.
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
• What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
• What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
• Why should I deal with IP/IPR issues? Why should IP be an integral part of my business strategy? Which are the first steps to be taken?
• What IP protection can I use (e.g. trademarks, patents etc.)?
• To which institutions can I turn for help?
• What do different IP titles cost?
• How do I perform basic IP searches? What tools exist?
• What does counterfeiting mean?
• How can IPR be enforced?
• What are the basic mechanisms of making money with IP?
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)
Fee: The webinar will be offered free of charge.