The Finnish company with a passion for pure arctic nature produces dried and powdered bilberries, lingonberries and cranberries as well as chaga mushroom and spruce sprout powders. The company is entering new markets with their super food products and is looking for distribution partners.
The Finnish company was established by three women entrepreneurs, who share a passion for pure arctic nature and the super food it offers. The company produces high-quality super food products of bilberries (wild blueberries), lingonberries, cranberries, spruce sprout and chaga mushrooms. To enter new markets, the company is looking for distribution partners, the partnership is considered to be in the form of a distribution agreement.
The company's products and the benefits of the products for the users:
- Freeze-dried bilberries and lingonberries, dried cranberries as well as bilberry, lingonberry and cranberry powders. The arctic berries are pesticide free, have significantly higher antioxidant levels and wonderful unique flavours. The arctic berries contain more health benefits than those grown further south, as the environmental conditions (abundant summer light, low temperatures) affect the berries' phenolic compound. The dried berries and berry powders can be added to baked goods, milkshakes and smoothies, to add fiber, flavour and health benefits.
- Chaga mushroom powder. Chaga mushrooms are the most powerful naturally occurring antioxidant, with T-ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) number 52452. Chaga mushroom contains betulin, melamine and polysaccharides which are also used in modern science in e.g. cancer medicine. Chaga mushroom helps in digestion and clears liver. Chaga mushroom helps to boost immune system and it's widely used as natural antidote for common cold. The use of chaga mushroom as natural medicine is a part of centuries' old tradition. Chaga mushroom is traditionally consumed as tea, which is self-made with hot water and chaga mushroom powder.
- Arctic spruce sprout powder. Spruce sprout grows every spring in the wild Finnish forests, it is a natural vitamin booster to keep the flu and tiredness away. Traditionally, spruce sprout has been used to cure many diseases and even today, the pharmaceutical industry uses spruce sprout as it helps breathing when in a flu. Spruce sprout powder can be mixed with water, tea, smoothie, yogurt or even salad.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The ideal distribution partner would share the Finnish company's passion for nature and appreciate the arctic super food. The partner would be interested in introducing the Finnish company's berry, spruce sprout and chaga mushroom products in their region/country. The distribution partner could be e.g. an importer, a retailer or a wholesaler. All expressions of interest will be carefully considered.
Approximately 97% of Finland's forests are unfertilised. Finland has a low population density and is situated far from Europe's major sources of pollution, which makes Finnish forests some of the cleanest in Europe.
The berries, chaga mushrooms and spruce sprout are collected from pristine Finnish birch trees. The company uses gentle picking methods which do not erode the nature and minimize the effects to the shrubs, ensuring the sustainable future crops.
The company's in-house quality team is dedicated to addressing food safety and compliancy throughout the product life cycle.
The research shows, that arctic wild berries have many health benefits:
- Arctic wild berries are excellent sources of polyphenols. Epidemiological studies have shown that polyphenol-rich food reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- An experimental study by the University of Helsinki in 2019 found that long-term consumption of lingonberry juice lowers high blood pressure and improves the function of blood vessels.
- A study by the University of Tampere in 2019 found that lingonberries can counteract many problems caused by being overweight.
- Bilberries are rich in antioxidants and nutrients, and are a good source of anthocyanins, fiber, manganese and vitamins C and K. Bilberries may improve vision for people with glaucoma and reduce eye fatigue and dryness. Bilberries may also improve symptoms of ulcerative colitis (UC) as well as stimulate insulin secretion and prevent the breakdown of carbs, both of which may help lower blood sugar levels.
Already on the market