The UK company is a world leader in the design, manufacture and supply of threaded bar systems used throughout the construction industry. Its products have featured in many prestigious projects worldwide, including Russian World Cup stadia, the Burj Al-Arab Hotel in Dubai and the Jubilee Bridge in London. However, the company is keen to grow its export sales still further and therefore seeks new partners for collaboration on the basis of commercial agency or distribution agreements.
This UK company was originally established in 1922 as a steel-trading business, but has since developed to become a leader in the design and manufacture of a range of threaded bar systems for use in tension structures, façade engineering, ground engineering and post-tensioning / concrete engineering projects worldwide.
Back in 1948, the company was the first in the world to develop a post-tensioning bar system and achieved another global first in 1982 when developing tension components for the Norman Foster-designed Renault Building in the UK. It has continued to innovate since then, developing a full range of architectural products to meet the ever changing needs of the construction industry.
The company’s threaded bar systems are used in a wide range of applications:
• Façade support
• Tensile structures
• Structural bracing
• Roof structures
• Sheet piling
• Suspended structures etc.
Over the years, the company has been able to develop strong business partnerships with consulting engineers and architects, providing them with a comprehensive range of products and services. Typical construction projects where their products are used range from sports stadia to bridges and from airports to retail centres or hotels.
Since 2006, the company has been based at purpose-built manufacturing premises in the South Yorkshire region of the UK and from there it has been able to enter new markets throughout the world. As a result, the firm’s products have been used in many prestigious global projects, including four of the World Cup Stadia in Russia, the Regent’s Park Bridge in Johannesburg (South Africa) and the Frankfurt Exhibition Centre in Germany, amongst many others.
However, a key part of the company’s on-going growth strategy is to develop still further its export sales and it is therefore keen to add to its international network of agents and distributors. So, it is looking for new reliable partners who will promote and sell its products into the construction industry in their territory.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Partners should be companies or individuals with sales experience and excellent contacts into the construction industry in their designated area. A technical background is preferred, but not essential.
Partners would be expected promote and sell the UK company’s threaded bar range, with agents working on a sales commission basis and distributors selling from stock held. They should be prepared to commit to a long-term collaborative relationship and to communicate regularly with the UK-based export sales team.
The UK company can offer the following advantages to a potential partner:
• An opportunity to work with a long established and well known manufacturer, with a track record of supplying products for use in prestigious building and civil engineering projects worldwide;
• A wide range of threaded bar systems, for use in tension structures, ground engineering and post-tensioning / concrete engineering projects, which are manufactured to high quality standards (products meet all relevant standards, including the requirements of the CE marking regulation, with European Technical Approvals (ETAs) in place. The company is also accredited to ISO 9001 and the Made in Sheffield quality mark);
• The back-up of a dedicated export sales team, who have many years of experience in providing support to their distribution partners and agents including product and marketing information, training, technical support etc;
• For those appointed as commercial agents, a generous commission system;
• For those appointed as distributors, active support in the form of technical information, good pricing and regular contact.
Already on the market